GBC Proposals – AGM 2012
Ananda Tirtha das (GBC Corresponding Secretary): Dear Maharajas, Prabhus, and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
The Annual General Meeting of the ISKCON GBC Society will begin on February 10, 2012. Following the ISKCON GBC Society’s Rules of Order, the GBC Secretariat requests proposals, duly sponsored by a GBC member, to be submitted by December 10, 2011. This will allow adequate time for the GBC Secretariat and Deputies to prepare the proposals for presentation at the meeting.
Please follow the Standard Format for GBC Proposals posted below. We have also included an appendix with detailed guidelines on how to write a proposal. If you need any clarification please do not hesitate to ask at email@example.com.
Please assure that your proposal is concise, specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound and contains all required basic information: why, who, where, how, when.
We request you to submit your proposals, in the proper format and sponsored by a GBC member, by the above deadline. The proposals may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ananda Tirtha Das
GBC Corresponding Secretary
STANDARD FORMAT FOR GBC PROPOSALS
SPONSORED BY (GBC member):
CONTACTS (email, fax, address of proposer and sponsor):
DATE OF SUBMISSION:
PRESENTATION OF PROPOSAL: (maximum 300 words)
Whereas . . .
(Please list the facts and principles upon which you base your proposal, without any arguments. Maximum 300 words. The purpose of the “whereas” section is for the GBC Body to officially record the reasons why it saw fit to pass the resolution.)
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION:
Resolved, That . . .
(Please write your proposal as a resolution for voting by the GBC Body)
Please answer the following questions:
(1) What prompts you to submit this proposal?
(2) Why this proposal is important for the success of ISKCON?
(3) What would be the implications of implementing this proposal?
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A PROPOSAL:
1. Check if there are any existing GBC resolutions and laws related to your proposal.
2. The wording should be as the resolution would read should the proposal be passed. Resolutions do not contain arguments but simply spell out what the GBC Body has decided. Arguments may be presented in the “Explanation” section.
3. A proposal should be limited to a single point or subject. If you have more than one idea, then write separate proposals for each of them.
4. Make your proposal as concise as possible.
5. To start, choose a wording pattern from the suggested wordings listed in the appendix below.
APPENDIX TO THE STANDARD FORM FOR GBC PROPOSALS
1. AMENDMENTS:[ISKCON Law] THAT Resolution 108/1990 is amended to read as follows: [ISKCON Law] THAT Resolution 108/1990 is repealed.
THAT the following resolutions be repealed: ………..
2. MISC. PERMISSION:[ ] THAT permission is given to ISKCON Mayapur to ………
(under the following conditions): [ ] THAT approval is given for Krsna Das to ………
(under the following conditions:)
3. CREATING COMMITTEES, MINISTRIES, BOARDS, ETC.:[Definition as Standing Committee, etc.] “The (name of the Committee) is established to (purpose).
The Members are: (list members and positions beginning with Chairman).
They are to: (list names and their respective duties with dates for completion).
They are empowered to: (describe)
They are answerable to: (describe; include other details such as funding, expense payments, meeting schedules, if the Committee is to disband on completion of purpose, etc.)
4. ADDING/REMOVING MEMBERS TO COMMITTEES, MINISTRIES, ETC.:[definition] “The following are added to/removed from the (name of committee, ministry, etc.)
(list names when removing members and with their respective positions and duties when adding members).”
5. APPOINTMENTS:[definition] “THAT (name) is appointed as (name of position).
He is to (describe duties and responsibilities with dates of completion.) He is empowered to: (describe) He is answerable to: (describe)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...