Open Letter to Food for Life
Krsnacandra das (BVPGM): Dandavat pranams
I am writing to Food for Life in order to point out a great opportunity to make a difference in a changing, tumultuous world.
As you may be aware, nationwide — nay, worldwide — demonstrations have been made in order to protest the extreme inequity throughout the world, the most prominent of which being Occupy Wall Street.
In this writer’s opinion, we haven’t seen such demonstrations since the 1960s. Coincidentally (or not), the 1960s were a time when Americans were hungry for real spirituality, the likes of which that Srila Prabhupada was ready to provide, while single handedly fulfilling Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s prophecy of distributing the Holy Names “in every town and village”
There are people who are fighting for justice, who are hungry both spiritually AND physically. What better way to recapture and honor the fantastic birth of the world-wide movement of Srila Prabhupada than to feed the protesters (particularly those like in Los Angeles who need it most [ link http://my.firedoglake.com/rcook228/2011/10/27/occupy-la-cant-feed-people/ ]) Krishna’s Prasadam?
I understand there may be people who feel they would be getting politically involved and therefore hesitate, but I believe these concerns need to be cast aside with reckless abandon, as this is one of the best ways to distribute Krishna’s mercy to the suffering souls. Don’t forget that many of the spiritual children of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada were active in Mahatma Gandhi’s Freedom Fighting movement. Undoubtedly, their mere presence in Gandhi’s movement alone changed our worldwide society forever.
Now, it’s our turn.
Krsnacandra das (BVPGM)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...