HG Devarsi Prabhu enters into nitya-lila
Mayapur.com: With great sadness, ISKCON Mayapur community devotees deeply mourn the departure of HG Devarsi Prabhu. A long time resident of Mayapur, although originally from Spain, Prabhu left his body at 2:30pm in Krishnanagar yesterday (21st Dec) on the auspicious Ekadasi day, following a severe attack of tuberculosis. He was in the ambulance on the way to Kolkata when he was not able to breathe any more. Hrimati mataji, who was attending to him, was loudly chanting Hare Krishna while he was leaving. While being transported to Krishnanagar Devarsi prabhu had asked that his tulasi mala be put around his neck, and his shilas placed on his body.
His life exemplified the ideal saintly way of living, and as a devoted brahmana, he was always giving good council and advise for the welfare of all. His “simple living and high thinking” always inspired whoever had the great fortune of meeting and associating with him. He loved to care for cows, he had one cow named Surabhi whom just recently had a calf named Jumpi. They have been given to our Goshala to be cared for now. We request everyone to pray for his destination to Lord Krsna’s lotus feet. The cremation took place at the Ganga ghat today at 11 a. m. with harinam Sankirtan.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...