Honoring Our Seniors
Bhakti Vikasa Swami: Recently, devotees around the world had occasion to recall the outstanding devotional qualities and contributions of Yamuna Mataji, after her departure.
But would it not have been more appropriate and pleasing to all if she had been lauded in her presence, before her departure?
Most of the early pioneers of ISKCON are now largely forgotten by the Vaisnava community. Because of their endeavors we today are able to happily practice Krsna consciousness. Must we wait until they pass away before we remember them?
Apart from the original pioneers, there are many others, now in old age, whose sacrifices in their youth for the sankirtan movement have gone largely unnoticed. Possibly a section of Dandavats could be set up for honoring these “old soldiers,” or a new website started for this purpose.
Apart from that, some of our seniors are in need of tangible help. I was recently told that one of the original team of devotees sent by Srila Prabhupada to London, is now practically poverty stricken. With all the resources nowadays available to our movement, we should be able to do something (such as providing retirement facilities in Mayapur or Vrindavan) for those who gave their lives to Srila Prabhupada at a time when the movement had almost nothing in the way of resources.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...