Please sign the petition to bring the Yamuna River back to Vrindavan!
By the GBC
Bathe in the Yamuna, chant the Hare Krishna mantra and then become perfect and return back to Godhead.” (Srimad Bhagavatam 6.5.28 purport)
Title of Proposal: Bringing the Yamuna River back to Vrindavan
With the Blessings of the GBC;
Currently 100% of the water from the Yamuna is blocked above Delhi and this water is diverted for industries and irrigation. Below the dams above Delhi there is simply a dry river bed.
The water that we presently find in the Yamuna River bed is runoff from the Delhi sewerage system, and from the streets of Delhi and the towns above Vrindavan.
The Governmental Authorities in Delhi have suggested some feasible methods for again allowing the Yamuna water to flow in Vrindavan, and to divert the sewerage elsewhere.
Whereas there is not even one drop of water from the Yamuna river to be found in the Yamuna River bed in Vrindavan.
Whereas all the original waters are diverted before River Yamuna enters Vraj Vrindavan.
Whereas only sewage and runoff which comes from upstream Delhi flows in the Yamuna River bed at present. The sewage is partially treated and is extremely dangerous for humans to come in contact with. There are many credible and official studies verifying the contamination
Whereas any contact with the water in the River Yamuna bed is hazardous for health of devotees and general public. The water carries several antibiotic resistant bacteria which can be the cause of death. In addition many viruses, toxic chemicals, and toxic metals are carried by the water.
Whereas there are methods by which the original Yamuna River water can again flow to Vrindavan.
Whereas a campaign to influence the Governmental authorities to act can achieve success in bringing the Yamuna waters back to Vrindavan.
Whereas bringing the Yamuna waters back to Vrindavan is direct service to the holy Dham of Vrindavan which is direct service to the Divine Couple Sri Sri Radha Krishna.
Whereas the aforementioned campaign can increase the public’s appreciation of ISKCON.
Whereas the aforementioned campaign can help ISKCON worldwide insofar as ISKCON will be seen at forefront of the environmental movement.
Our Humble Request on Behalf of Yamunadevi:
That all ISKCON temples, congregations, yatras, and devotees please;
1. Include Yamuna Maharani in their daily prayers.
2. Explain the spiritual importance of Shri Yamuna Maharani to others.
3. Organize special kirtans or dedicate existing kirtans to the Yamuna cause.
4. Organize special programs or dedicate existing programs to the Yamuna cause.
5. Explain the environmental issues to other, especially working through the relevant ISKCON ministries that deal with the environment.
6. Create world-wide campaigns
7. Encourage and assist in petitions to accomplish the aforementioned purposes.
8. Use internal media (Back to Godhead etc.) and external media (newspapers, Television etc.) effectively.
9. Spread this cause all over the world through print media, audio-video media, SMS, Internet (dandavats.com, desiretree.com etc.,) social groups (facebook etc., etc.)
Please view this 5 minute video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69tm_yCAzY8
and sign the petition at:
Please also visit http://www.saveyamuna.org/ to learn more about this issue.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...