Sankirtana Fire still burning strong in London
By Hare Krishna Festivals Team UK
The Harinama Sankirtana fire is still burning strong in London. London is a city very well populated, and there is never a dull moment while chanting on the streets. Very rare is the day when the devotees are treated unfavourably, whether it is the police, students, local londoners, tourists, drunks or businessmen, the reception is always favourable. Often the number of people joining in from the street exceeds the amount of devotees joining in themselves.
Generally when on book distribution or another outreach activity, people on the street often know of the ‘Hare Krishnas’ from chanting on the street, especially in London.
It is a unique situation as many devotees from around London and neighbouring towns attend, and mainly Grhastas too.
Saturday Night Harinama in particular as it is always well attended and the route goes through all of the popular, busy, and touristic areas of London.
It is famous over the UK, and even with many international devotees, and we are often joined by many senior visiting devotees and senior Prabhupada disciples.
It can also be taken to note that simply by going out in London many people from other countries are getting to know of the Hare Krishna movement, due to the sheer millions of tourists visiting London every year.
Below is a taster of various recent Harinama’s in London in 2012
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Govardhana Seva dasaJue is scheduled to rece...
- By Mandakini devi dasi In 1981, Venu teamed up ...
- By Mijal ZagierThesis for the 6 week documentar...
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...