Royals visit Krishna Avanti School – video
The Queen and Prince Philip enjoyed an eclectic mix of music and dance during their Diamond Jubilee tour of Krishna Avanti School on Thursday 29th March.
Crowds lined up along Camrose Avenue, Harrow, to catch a glimpse and as the Queen arrived the children could barely contain their excitement. Once inside she was escorted throughout by Nitesh Gor, one of the Directors of the Avanti Schools Trust, through spectacular song and dance displays by local children and adults. Children representing every school in the borough were invited to take part in the day’s events.
Inside the main hall which contains the deities of Krishna Balaram, Krishna Avanti School children sang Sri Krishna Caitanya, a Vaishnava song written by Narottam Das Thakur, followed by the Hare Krishna mantra. The Queen particularly appreciated the devotional music.
Then the Queen unveiled a beautiful tapestry which depicted Caitanya Mahaprabhu dancing in Jarikhanda forest with the animals, a gift from the School to Buckingham Palace.
Srutidharma das explained to the Queen that Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught a philosophy that is “beyond all material designations and differences, and that through singing and dancing we should surrender our hearts to God”.
The children also recited a verse from the Siksastaka which included a translation, explaining that “in order to have peace and prosperity in society we need to imbibe three qualities: humility, tolerance and respect for all others”. Srutidharma das explained that the Krishna Avanti School is based on these values, and the Queen responded “Isn’t that wonderful!”
[flashvideo filename=http://dandavats.com/wp-content/bigfiles/sil.flv /]
In Harrow, the royal couple visited Krishna Avanti School where they watched traditional Hindu dance and musical performances by schoolchildren and local groups.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...