GBC Statement Concerning Dhanurdhara Swami
The GBC body were deeply saddened on hearing the news of the suicide of Ananda prabhu. Ananda lived an extraordinary life and throughout it all it was so evident that he had such a big and loving heart.
Ananda’s journey began as the son of devotee parents in ISKCON. Tragically, even though the least a family could have expected of Srila Prabhupada’s movement – that their children would be protected, cared for, loved and nicely educated – sadly this was not the case for Ananda, as well as many other children entrusted to the care of ISKCON.
Of course this is not the whole story of Ananda’s life but it does represent his formative years, those tender character-building years that would resonate and impact on the rest of his life.
ISKCON has made much progress since the days of widespread abuse in its school’s not least the efforts of the ISKCON Child Protection Office. Many of the worst abusers have been brought to justice to the satisfaction of not only the general devotees but also more importantly the victims.
One of the more difficult cases has been that of Dhanurdhara Swami. Even though the CPO has processed his case, there is still much concern, and anger, related to this case. The GBC is keenly aware of the controversy surrounding this issue and is actively working to reach a resolution that, hopefully, will be acceptable to Srila Prabhupada, ISKCON’s youth past, present and future as well as the general assembly of vaisnavas.
Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,
Praghosa dasa. ISKCON CCO
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...