Sweet memories of His Grace Vishnumurti prabhu
Sweet memories of His Grace Vishnumurti prabhu by Bhakta Prakash
I first met His Grace Vishnumurti Prabhu in Mombasa Kenya, at the ISKCON Temple in 1989. He was taking care of the Gift shop. Every evening after his business, he would be there regularly day in and day out till 9 pm. I liked him the very first time I met him. He would encourage me to chant, and made me buy a japa mala on my birthday. He asked me to take a vow in front of Sri Sri Rukmini Dwarakadish to chant at least 5 japa rounds every day. The days I had not chanted, he would make me sit in the corner of the gift shop from where I could take darshan and chant sincerely. Today, because of his encouragement, I am chanting 16 rounds without fail, which I have not been able to tell him since he left Kenya to settle in India. His Grace Vishnumurti prabhu would give evening Bhagavad Gita class with only 1 or 2 bhaktas listening, and sometimes nobody at all, but that did not bother him. He told me that by giving class he was associating with Srila Prabhupada through his books, so it did not affect him whether anyone was present or not.
My pranams to such an exalted devotee of Lord Krishna.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...