Feeding the 5,000
By Parasuram das
Photos: Krishna Mayi dd
ishavasyam idam sarvam
yat kincha jagatyam jagat
tena tyaktena bhunjitha
ma gridhah kasya svid dhanam
Everything animate or inanimate that is within the universe is controlled and owned by the Lord. One should therefore accept only those things necessary for himself, which are set aside as his quota, and one must not accept other things, knowing well to Whom they belong.
Within this planet Earth, there are so many living entities, all struggling hard for existance.They have forgotten that the supreme Isvara, manager, has organised enough resources for everyone to live on. But in this unfortunite times there is so much mismanagment that one third of the food produced in the West ends up in the rubbish dumps,polluting the environment.
With this in mind we have been involved in festivals called “Feed the 5,000″, (echoing Jesus and his miracles.) Good food is collected from the retailers, that would normally be dumped due to it being the wrong shape or colour or size or over produced.Then we get a group of volunteers together to chop and prepare it, then the next morning the magic starts as the cookers are lit. People are amazed to see the size of the pots,and to be honest these pots are small,we just bought 3 big pots in India that are 3 times bigger.We shipped them from India and they should arrive soon.
Funny story I went to the kitchen in Vrindavan and saw these massive pots, the head cook informed me that the pots were too big and they were sending them back to Agra to change them for smaller ones, that was it, it is what you call Krishnas arrangement.
So on the 12 th of May 2012 this festival took place in Bristol, great media coverage was there, I got to speak to the mayor,and the main thing 5,000 people got a delicious plate of prasad, and we had a great time,Hare Krishna ! Our great asset is that devotees know how to make delicious prasad on a massive scale,and if you don t know how to cook big quanties, please contact us as the London Rathayatra festival is approaching again and we are do on the spot cookery lessons.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...