Why such an attitude?
By Gour Gopal Dasa
The sudden departure of my God brother Hg. Bhagirath Prabhu and after a few days again Hg. Gaur Krishna Prabhu has definitely brought sadness to all of us. Many of us are in a shocked state. There is so much discussions going on in many email forums, temples, different congregations etc about those departed souls. Everyone tries to glorify them and praise them about their sincere and dedicated service to the movement, and their behavior, their personality etc. And it’s nice to hear the glories of Vaishnavas. We get lots of inspirations and get to learn the greatness of devotees from such glorifications. As far as I know about Bhagirath Prabhu and Gaurkrishna Prabhu, both of them had led a very simple life and always maintained a very low profile despite having highly spiritual qualifications. So much so that many devotees do not even know them till recently. No one ever talked about them or admired their sincere efforts to spread the message of Godhead to every town and village. Even till today many are asking me in the forum who was Gaurkrishna Prabhu.
It is heartening to learn that even today we can find there are many devotees in our movement who are tirelessly working day and night distributing the Harinam to the suffering souls of this material world. And just because they are humble and still alive, instead of admiring them or glorifying them we do not even care to know about them. When a person is alive we choose either not to talk about him or most of the times we talk negative about him, and when the same person leaves the body, we make sure that he/she deserves appreciations. Why such an attitude? Why can’t we be grateful to such devotees for their wonderful service; encourage them to do more or get inspired to do something similar even when they are among us? This piece is like a loud thinking. Are we scared that the other person may become more popular than us? Is somewhere our insecurity to be blamed for that? Is it the primordial sin –envy – Is it because we are envious? I feel these moments can be used for some soul searching so that we do not ignore the great vaishnavas amongst us. Hare Krsna!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...