Bhakti-vaibhava, Vrindavan 2012, August 19 – November 21
Your servants at VIHE: Dear Devotees, Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
With great pleasure VIHE wishes to invite you to the in-depth, step-by-step, systematic Bhakti-vaibhava course in Vrindavan, running from August 19 – November 21. Srimad-Bhagavatam is “Sri Krsna who has returned among us” and is the “life-breath of the Vaisnava devotees”. Srila Prabhupada wanted that the “family transcendental diploma will continue through the generations” and that all his “spiritual sons and daughters will inherit this title of Bhaktivedanta”. For hundreds of years Vrindavan has been a dedicated place of study, worship and transformation, especially for the Gaudiya Vaisnavas. The course takes place during the Caturmasya, Purusottam-mas (during which all spiritual activities in Vrindavan are said to produce 16,000 stronger results:-) and is followed closely in time by the Japa&Kirtan and Govardhan Retreats (December 1-6 and 9-15). The first two cantos are covered with a possibility that the Third Canto study will follow after the retreats.
*Requirements: Good sadhana, brahminical tendencies, voluntary service, Bhakti Shastri diploma (or its equivalent in special cases) and proficiency in English. One also must have a recommendation and a character sketch from a senior devotee in good standing. Assessment criteria include attendance and personal conduct.
*Classes and Teachers: Overview of Srimad Bhagavatam – Adi Purusha Dasa, Nityananda Dasa, Urmila Dasi, Prasanta Dasi
Overview of Tattva-sandarbha – Kamala Locana Dasa
Meters in Srimad Bhagavatam – Prasanta Dasi
Contribution to participate in the running costs of the course: Rs. 11,000/4,000 for full/listener students. Lunch prasadam is served in the VIHE, sponsored by the alumni and other well-wishers. A few scholarships are available on request from the temple authorities, endeavoring to increase the educational quality of their community teachers/preachers/members.
To apply: Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and register.
Web site: http://vihe.org/bhakti_vaibhava.html or call +917895101709 (Damodarastaka Das)
Please kindly post this information on your temple board and tell your friends.
Your servants at VIHE
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...