By Matsya Avatara dasa
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
We are happy to announce that the Sixth Bhagavata Sastri course at Srimad-Bhagavatam Vidyapitham is now open for admission.
Srimad-Bhagavata Vidyapitham, the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust’s Sanskrit school is now located in Sri Vrindavan after the departure of H.G Gopiparanadhana Prabhu. The school is still going strong under the guidance of senior devotees and is inviting applicants for joining its program at the start of its sixth year of operation on November 21, 2012.
The Bhagavata Sastri course offered at the school is unique in many ways:
** the students are taught the art of reading the acaryas’ commentaries on the Srimad-Bhagavatam and translating Sanskrit devotional texts into English with the prospect of serving as BBT Sanskrit translators and editors;
** it offers a systematic course on Srila Jiva Goswami’s masterpiece, the Sat-sandarbhas, foundational to Gaudiya Vaisnava philosophy and practice;
** it enables the students to master the entire grammar of the Sanskrit language, based on Srila Jiva Goswami’s Hari-namamrita-vyakarana, in a matter of just two years;
** the third year students are offered courses in Sanskrit kavya (poetry), and nyaya (logic);
** the course trains students to speak Sanskrit with ease and elegance;
** and, what’s more, the course is ABSOLUTELY FREE for all admitted students, including accommodation and prasadam, for its entire duration of three years.
Interested to join us? Then all you need to apply for the upcoming course is:
1. to have strong inclination for brahminical life style;
2. to have successfully passed the Bhakti-sastri exam;
3. to get a recommendation from your spiritual master and/or your local authority (TP, GBC);
4. to be reasonably fluent in English;
5. to fill in the attaced application form and send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org before October 15, 2012.
Once we receive your email, we will immediately get back to you with further details and information.
Your servants at the Srimad-Bhagavata Vidyapitham
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...