Lord Jagannatha Tours Jacksonville Beach, Florida
By Sridevi dasi
Alachua Temple’s Lord of the Universe, Jagannatha Swami, along with His brother Baladeva and sister Srimati Subhadra Devi, graced the residents of Jacksonville Beach, Florida with His seventh annual Ratha Yatra parade on Saturday, May 19, 2012. Well over 1,500 people were in attendance.
Many beach-goers danced, received booklets and prasadam, and then joined the celebration at the Festival of India site. About 600 plates of prasadam were distributed.
After Lord Jagannatha’s parade through town and then the beach, everyone enjoyed a stage presentation of kirtan and dance. The Bhakti Kalalayam dancers of Alachua performed three beautifully crafted pieces, and Vishvambar and Vrinda of the Mayapuris wowed the audience with their dance and song repertoire.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Govardhana Seva dasaJue is scheduled to rece...
- By Mandakini devi dasi In 1981, Venu teamed up ...
- By Mijal ZagierThesis for the 6 week documentar...
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...