Joyful Celebrations In Nandbaba’s House
Gautam Saha: When joyous sounds emanated from the chieftain Nandbaba’s house
The folks of Gokul knew that a child was born to Yashoda, his spouse
They flocked to the headman’s home in happy hordes
Wearing jewelry, colorful turbans and fine clothes
Baby Krishna had been placed in His cradle
Cherubic, for everyone a joyous bundle
The simple folk who had come to this place
Each longed to see and touch His smiling face
Lord Shiva also came up to Nandbaba’s dwelling
He was most eager to see the Baby Lord smiling
But seeing Him scantily dressed and covered with ash
The ignorant doorkeepers turned Him away in a flash
Lord Shiva went a little afar and sat under a tree
He wondered when He could get a look see
He had come to see the Lord in His new avatar
Never mind that He had to travel from afar
The baby Krishna suddenly cried out and bawled
He kicked at the cradle and would not be consoled
Mother Yashoda and all the ladies present tried to pacify Him in vain
At last they made enquiries and sent for the ash covered figure again
When Lord Shiva came face to face with Lord Vishnu
He marveled at this new leela of Lord Vishnu
Tears of joy rolled down His ascetic face
The baby Krishna smiled in cherubic innocence
Lord Shiva was satisfied with this touching meet
He departed for Kailash, happily contented and replete
Baby Krishna was soothed and gurgled liveliness
While the folks gathered around in gay happiness
The Supreme Lord remains always supreme
In whatever physical form He appears to be
He is eternal, all powerful and omniscient
Lord Krishna as the original Narayan is omnipresent
To understand the Lord in this beautiful manifestation
We must have eyes that are anointed with love and devotion
As stated in the Bhagavad – Gita, bhakti is the highest form of yoga
Krishna is also known as Yogeshwar, the supreme master of all yoga
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...