ISKCON Statement on Sikh Temple Attack
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) wishes to express our condolences to the victims and families of the attack at the Sikh Temple of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, and to our friends in the Sikh community in the USA and around the world.
We are deeply saddened and shocked by the horrible violence committed against the Sikh community. We join our Sikh brothers and sisters in this day of mourning for those who died or were wounded yesterday. We commend those who sacrificed their own safety and lives to protect the innocent victims.
It is with great sadness that we see the level of violence escalating in the world against religious communities and other innocent persons. We deplore these acts of violence against anyone, regardless of their faith, nationality, ethnicity or other identity.
Our prayers go out to all our Sikh friends. We stand with you during this difficult time. Please know that communities of faith around the world support you, and stand with you in sadness, hope and prayer.
August 6, 2012
Contact: Anuttama Dasa
International Director of Communications
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...