Spiritual Support at the London Olympics- – Multi-faith Centre in Athletes’ Village
By Radha Mohan das
London 2012 was revolutionary in many ways, even from a spiritual dimension. One of the unique features of the Olympic site was a multi-faith centre, strategically placed in the heart of the Athletes’ Village, offering easy and ready access to anyone who felt the need to seek spiritual guidance.
Sachi Kishore das served as one of the chaplains at the centre, taking on a range of responsibilities such as facilitating a puja ceremony on the day of Janmastami. He also provided pastoral care to those who visited, and administered yoga and meditation sessions, instilling inner stability and strength in the athletes. He also met with support coaches, staff and volunteers.
“The multi-faith centre was in my opinion one of the vital aspects of London 2012,” Sachi Kishore das explained. “It offered a haven where anyone was welcome to come and meditate or read from scriptures. For me, this added a much needed spiritual touch to the Olympics, making the Games truly complete”.
The day the Indian Team was welcomed into the Olympic Village. On Saci Kishore’s right is a Christian Chaplain and a coach from the Indian team.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...