Spiritual Support at the London Olympics- – Multi-faith Centre in Athletes’ Village
By Radha Mohan das
London 2012 was revolutionary in many ways, even from a spiritual dimension. One of the unique features of the Olympic site was a multi-faith centre, strategically placed in the heart of the Athletes’ Village, offering easy and ready access to anyone who felt the need to seek spiritual guidance.
Sachi Kishore das served as one of the chaplains at the centre, taking on a range of responsibilities such as facilitating a puja ceremony on the day of Janmastami. He also provided pastoral care to those who visited, and administered yoga and meditation sessions, instilling inner stability and strength in the athletes. He also met with support coaches, staff and volunteers.
“The multi-faith centre was in my opinion one of the vital aspects of London 2012,” Sachi Kishore das explained. “It offered a haven where anyone was welcome to come and meditate or read from scriptures. For me, this added a much needed spiritual touch to the Olympics, making the Games truly complete”.
The day the Indian Team was welcomed into the Olympic Village. On Saci Kishore’s right is a Christian Chaplain and a coach from the Indian team.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Kesava Krsna Dasa The contentious discussion...
- By Praghosa das Last October the GBC body spent...
- By Nagaraja DasaControlling one’s mind is the p...
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...