Indian Ambassador Of Germany Receives Save Yamuna Letter Of Request By Iskcon Devotees And Hindu Comunity
© All photos by Peter Gustafson
By Mohini Priya Devi Dasi
ISKCON GERMANY JOINS THE CALL FOR INDIAN GOVERNMENT TO BRING BACK RIVER YAMUNA TO ITS PEOPLE, WILDLIFE AND ECOLOGY.
In the week prior and after the Janmasthami celebrations representatives from ISKCON, Environmental Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and other Hindu organizations worldwide presented letters to Ambassadors at Indian Embassies in several capitals of the world including Washington D.C., London, and Brussels (European Union) in which they expressed their grave concern about the dramatic situation of the holy River Yamuna.
Due to the critical lack of adequate natural fresh water flow in the river bed and fatal increase of pollution coming in from Delhi and beyond the River Yamuna has already become one of the most endangered rivers on earth.
Thus also representatives of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) Germany supported the action by handing a LETTER OF REQUEST to the Indian Ambassador Mrs. Sujatha Singh at her mansion in Berlin on the occasion of the 66. Year of Indian Independence. Their effort was joined and supported by the Association Kurukshetra Inbound School Of Yoga, Afghan Hindu Culture Society 1993 Cologne as well as the Vedic Cultural Association Stuttgart.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...