A helpful tool for large (but also for small) Iskcon temples: Electric chapati making machine
By Citraka dasa
I have seen this small electric chapati making machine (on the left) that produces 450 chapati per hour, run just by one devotee.
It is relatively easy to carry around, and it is spectacular to watch in real time as chapatis keep coming one after the other completely puffed up!
It would be a boon for the devotees of any temple, what to speak of the guests! It could also be used by Iskcon restaurants as well.
The chapatis can even be sold during the Sunday feasts or in the restaurants, may be 4-5 of them packaged simply in small plastic bags.
(Kept in fridge they puff up again when reheated)
You can see it in action in the videos below.
You can see the specifics here: http://www.bescomfg.com/pages/Beta450E.php
There is also a little bigger similar electric machine that produces 900 chapatis per hour like this one:
Here is the website and the list of all of them, (they name them tortilla machines but they are all puffing up chapati machines): http://www.bescomfg.com/pages/machines_tortillas.php
I hope this helps :-)
P.S. …and no, I have not any connection with the above mentioned company. There are other similar machines ( http://chilp.it/76a84a ) but I found this to be the best for our Iskcon needs as far as I am concerned.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...