Female Diksa Guru – Evidence
Bhadra Govinda Dasa: Dear Devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
I have been going through all the comments on the Female Diksa Guru, ‘For’ and ‘Against’. I am not writing here ‘For’ or ‘Against’. I have some query on the evidence given from Srimad Bhagavatam. SB 4.12.32 “Suniti, however, being a woman, and specifically his mother, could not become Dhruva Maharaja’s diksa-guru”.
I do not understand how this pramana can be given against ‘Female Diksa Guru’. This is just talking about Suniti the great mother of Dhruva Maharaj, under her situation could not become a diksa guru. That does not imply that no woman can be a diksa guru.
There is this false logic “half closed door is half open and so full closed door is full open”. “Suniti being a woman, and specifically a mother, could not become Dhruva Maharaja’s diksa guru, so no woman in the eternal time, could become a diksa guru” is similar logic.
Just because Suniti could not become a diksa guru of Dhruva Maharaj because of her situation, does not imply that no woman can become a diksa guru?
Bhadra Govinda Dasa, being a man, and specifically his sons’ father, could not become Diksa guru of Ananda Goura Dasa, does not imply no man could become a diksa guru.
Again I have not still accepted for or against Female Diksa Guru, but I have my doubts about the pramana above. I humbly seek clarification. Hare Krishna !
Your humble servant,
Bhadra Govinda Dasa.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...