Classroom On A Chariot
Gautam Saha: Five thousand years ago, in the holy grounds of Kurukshetra
The Pandavas were ready to take on the sons of Dhrtarashtra
The two great armies met for the final test
To see which would emerge their victorious best
In the midst of the assembled warriors
Between the rows of arrayed soldiers
Arjuna, the supreme archer, paused and reflected
Lord Krishna, his charioteer, smiled and waited
Arjuna, though dressed for battle, was not easy of mind
He was doubtful and unsettled, unready to face the grind
In such a state of mind, how could Arjuna be an asset to his side ?
If he was unready for battle, the evil Kauravas would triumph betide
Lord Krishna, the Lord and Master of every living entity
Proceeded to rectify this situation with full mastery
He spoke the holy words of the Bhagavad Gita which filled Arjuna’s mind
And removed all traces of illusion which had rendered him blind
The Lord spoke with great scholarship and prowess
He removed Arjuna’s doubts with depth and finesse\
Arjuna’s misgivings were gone and he rediscovered his self assertion
He stood up and readied himself for combat and confrontation
Arjuna learnt that yoga is work without looking for gain or loss
Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose
Those who are in yoga do not look for sense gratification
To satisfy the Supreme Lord is their true determination
A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of desires
Only can attain peace, not the one who seeks to fulfill those desires
He who has given up all longing for proprietorship and sense gratification
And false ego, he alone can attain real tranquility and imperturbation
While empowering him with the divine knowledge of the Bhagavad Gita
The Lord also empowered the whole of humanity with the Bhagavad Gita
For one who has imbibed fully the lessons from this classroom
There is nothing further to be known from any other classroom
Lord Krishna thus spoke to the whole of humanity at a stroke
The setting on the battlefield was as dramatic as the wisdom He spoke
The Lord spoke this eternal lesson for all generations, past present and future
We are all very fortunate that the Lord Himself became our personal tutor !
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Nagaraja DasaControlling one’s mind is the p...
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...