From the Governing Body Commission of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Whereas the GBC Zonal Secretaries of many areas of the world together with other leaders of those areas have identified the zones that they wish to formally establish:
That the following zones have been identified. It is to be noted that the full implementation of these zones shall take place gradually, and that this process of identification does not affect or modify existing continental, regional or national bodies:
Mexico & Central America shall include two zones:
- Central America: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama
Spanish Speaking South America shall include three zones:
- Colombia and Venezuela
- Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia
- Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay
This configuration shall be revisited in two years.
The Caribbean Area shall include two zones:
- Northern Caribbean: Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis
- Southern Caribbean: Guyana, Suriname, French Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica and Grenada
Europe shall include seven zones:
- UK, Ireland, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Faroe Islands
- Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia
- France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Monaco, Spain, Andorra and Portugal
- Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Malta, Greece, Cyprus and Israel
- Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey
- Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania
Australia & Oceania shall include eight zones:
- Northern Australia
- Central Australia
- Southern Australia
- New Zealand, Samoa and Tonga
- Papua New Guinea, Solomon Island and Vanuatu
- Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Tuvalu
- Tahiti (French Polynesia) and New Caledonia
South East Asia shall include six zones:
- Myanmar and Thailand
- Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos
- Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei
- Western Indonesia (Java, Sumatra and Kalimantan)
- Eastern Indonesia and East Timor
The Arab League Area (which includes other Islamic countries) shall include three zones:
- North Africa: Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia and Comoros
- Arabic Peninsula: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman and Yemen
- Middle East: Palestinian Authority, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Maldives
Japan and Koreas shall include two zones:
- South Korea and North Korea
Brazil shall be a single zone.
This resolution will be revisited in the future.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...