He Called Me Back
Amogha das ACBSP: It was about 1979 when I lived in Melbourne, Australia, that I decided my fallen self was a burden to ISKCON. I felt that ISKCON would be purer without me in it. I decided to leave the temple and association of devotees.
I went to the temple alone when no one else was there. There is a big brass bell at the entrance we would ring upon entering the temple. There are three arched doorways of Deity room, and three separate altars. I had come to said “Good bye” to the Deities.
I offered obeisances to Srila Prabhupada at his Vyasasana at the rear of the temple. I offered prayers explaining why I was leaving, and obeisances before Sri Sri Gaura Nitai on the left, Sri Sri Radha Vallabha in the center, and finally Lord Jagannath at the right altar closest to the door.
Having said my good byes, I walked to the big bell and door to leave when I heard a deep baritone voice call out, “Amogha! Don’t go!”
Startled, I looked up at Lord Jagannath’s altar. It was so loud and clear, and from His direction. I didn’t hear it through my external ears, but I heard it so clearly and loudly within. Lord Jagannath, or Lord Balaram, had called me back.
I cancelled my plans to leave, holding this moment dear to my heart, and confidential.
I have been hesitating to write about this as part of World Deity Pastimes on narasimhalila.com for nearly six months. It was a difficult decision. A purpose of the website is to reveal that Deities in this world are actually Krsna, I hope readers will benefit from hearing this.
copyright © 2013 Amogha das ACBSP. This article may not be sold or included in literature for sale without the express permission of the author.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...