Ananta Shanti das’s glorious life
By Parvati devi dasi
Dear Prabhus and Maharajs, Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
I am appealing to you for an unusual request. I request that our society deeply consider honoring this devotee who lived and died to spread Krishna consciousness, by observing his appearance day yearly, as we do Jayananda prabhu’s.
Now there are many devotees who have lived and died to spread KC, but as young man, Ananta Shanti das attentively heard from Srila Prabhupada for only a couple days. Though it got him into hellish problems with the Russian government, this determined, bold devotee would be found in so many towns and villages, get arrested, go to another village, preach, get arrested, go to another place to preach, years after year, again and again, until they finally put him in a psychiatric prison facility where he was pumped with drugs to change his philosophy.
When his wife came to visit him she would ask the doctors when he would be released, and their reply was, “It is very hard to change this man’s mind.” Because of this bold man’s preaching, when the Iron Curtain finally came down, it was discovered that there were 400 centers all over Russia. Because of his dedication and sincerity to Srila Prabhupada, he very profoundly changed the face of the earth by his unhesitating service. He is a very extraordinary example and deserves to be remembered in this exalted way. I hope this meets you well.
Parvati devi dasi
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...