Final Results From The Sri Nrsimhadeva Msf 2013
By Malini devi dasi
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
We offered the results of our Monthly Sankirtana Festival (MSF) of sincere prayers, which was held for last one month at ISV on the auspicious appearance day of Lord Narasimhadev at ISV.
Sri Prahlada Maharaj prayed to Lord Narasimha dev as stated in SB 7.9.44
prāyeṇa deva munayaḥ sva-vimukti-kāmā
maunaṁ caranti vijane na parārtha-niṣṭhāḥ
naitān vihāya kṛpaṇān vimumukṣa eko
nānyaṁ tvad asya śaraṇaṁ bhramato ’nupaśye
My dear Lord Nṛsiṁhadeva, I see that there are many saintly persons indeed, but they are interested only in their own deliverance. Not caring for the big cities and towns, they go to the Himālayas or the forest to meditate with vows of silence [mauna-vrata]. They are not interested in delivering others. As for me, however, I do not wish to be liberated alone, leaving aside all these poor fools and rascals. I know that without Kṛṣṇa consciousness, without taking shelter of Your lotus feet, one cannot be happy. Therefore I wish to bring them back to shelter at Your lotus feet.
In the mood of Sri Prahlad Maharaj, Srila Prabhupada left the holy dham of Vrindavan at the age of 70 and came to cities and towns of the west to deliver the people from ignorance. Having received mercy from our beloved Acarya Srila Prabhupada, team ISV also went to different towns and cities to distribute books and bring people closer to Lord Narasimha dev.
Goals of this MSF were:
· Distribute at least 2500 Books including 25 Srimad Bhagavatam sets
· Hear the pastimes of Lord Nrsimha via conference call
· Distribute books at an event.
· Conduct workshop/classes on power of prayer
· Design a prayer card for “Prayer on the go!”
To realize these goals, Team ISV distributed Srimad Bhagavatams at different venues, conducted workshops and had public Harinaam performances to invoke auspiciousness for everyone.
Highlights of this MSF are:
· Many teams including Sunday school team, motel Gita team, Smart box team participated in this book distribution.
· Our special guest, HG Mukunda Datta Prabhu discussed glories of Ganga Devi and special Harinaam was held on Jahnu Saptami in glorification of Mother Ganga. Devotees enthusiastically chanted the holy names and profusely distributed transcendental literature.
· Srimad Bhagavatam sets were distributed door-door, at Sunday feasts and in the home programs. New and enthusiastic devotees joined the Sankirtan party.
· Travelling Sankirtan devotees went to Dublin and had great success.
As we make this offering of the MSF results, we are pleased to report that all the goals had been successfully met and surpassed.
With respect to the books:
• More than 40 devotees participated in book distribution
• Team ISV distributed 9903 in book points, including (1 CC set, 6 Lilamrta sets and 39 Srimad Bhagavavatam sets)
• Team ISV raised $ 11,470.00 in Laxmi (including donations and sponsorships)
We thank all participating devotees, donors and our Sankirtana leaders who contributed to this MSF. We also thank Shailesh Prabhu for compiling the scores. We express our deepest gratitude to our beloved HG Vaisesika Prabhu for praying to Lord Narasimha dev for our success at ISV and encouraging us at every step of our Sankirtana!
Today, we want to make a sincere prayer to Lord Narasimha Dev:
“O Lord Narasimha Dev! You are the source of all power! If you so desire, kindly remove all obstacles on the path of progress of the devotees at ISV.
Please appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that we may become fearless to spread the Sankrtan movement. Let the Sankirtan movement spread like wild fire here at ISV, in North America and throughout the world.
We pray for all the living entities in the universe as stated in SB 5.18.9
svasty astu viśvasya khalaḥ prasīdatāṁ
dhyāyantu bhūtāni śivaṁ mitho dhiyā
manaś ca bhadraṁ bhajatād adhokṣaje
āveśyatāṁ no matir apy ahaitukī
May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other’s welfare. Therefore let us all engage in the service of the supreme transcendence, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, and always remain absorbed in thought of Him.
Malini devi dasi
(ISV Sankirtan team, San Jose)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Govardhana Seva dasaJue is scheduled to rece...
- By Mandakini devi dasi In 1981, Venu teamed up ...
- By Mijal ZagierThesis for the 6 week documentar...
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...