From the Governing Body Commission of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Whereas Rasaraja Das has offered dedicated service, for more than three decades, to ISKCON, most notably in Bhaktivedanta Institute (BI), which is exceptionally dear and important to Srila Prabhupada;
Whereas Rasaraja Das has gained recognition from a cross section of the scientific community including academic institutions, fellow scientists, peers, scientific publications and media. His accomplishments include the publishing of twenty-five scientific papers—one of them used as a course text in Brown University, an Ivy League institution;
Whereas Rasaraja Das has identified that there is now a unique opportunity to demonstrate that proper scientific understanding is in accordance with Srimad-Bhagavatam. This could lead to tremendous potential and could give ISKCON and Srila Prabhupada immense credibility amongst both the scientific community and the public;
Whereas the BI is one of the most important preaching projects that Srila Prabhupada personally provided direct funding for;
Whereas GBC resolution 307/2009 states:
307. BI Standing Committee
Whereas the GBC has the responsibility to give clear vision, leadership and oversight in regards to scientific preaching and the Bhaktivedanta Institute;
Whereas funds allocated from the BBT to the Bhaktivedanta Institute need to be supervised;
The formation of the BI Standing Committee with the following mandate:
• To research Srila Prabhupada’s instructions on scientific preaching, and, in consultation with devotees presently engaged in the field, come up with a clear vision for the future of scientific preaching and the Bhaktivedanta Institute. The committee will report to the GBC and the BBT about its progress by the next GBC AGM.
• According to that vision, to provide unified leadership to scientific preaching in ISKCON.
• To formulate systems for receipt of applications, allocation of funds received from the BBT, and reporting and assessment from individuals and projects that have received such funds.
Individual committee members will not take part in decisions involving projects located in their GBC zones.
The GBC appoints Devamrita Swami, Sesa Das, Bhakti Vijnana Goswami and Hanuman Das as members of the BI Standing Committee.
Whereas the members of this committee have resigned without having achieved their mandate;
Whereas the BBT has stated in writing to the GBC that no funding for Bhaktivedanta Institute will be released until the GBC clearly decides whom they consider to be the legitimate heir to Srila Prabhupada’s Bhaktivedanta Institute legacy. Once the GBC reaches a decision, and the BBT agrees, funds will be released to this institute exclusively:
The GBC Body hereby commends the important and time-critical nature of the work of Rasaraja Das and Bhaktivedanta Institute Berkeley/Mumbai. The GBC members offer their heartfelt blessings to them for their continued excellence in devotional service.
The BI Standing Committee created via the above resolution is hereby dissolved.
There shall be a temporary committee to accomplish the following mandate by the beginning of the GBC AGM 2015:
- To research Srila Prabhupada’s instructions on scientific preaching and the Bhaktivedanta Institute, and, in consultation with devotees presently engaged in the field, propose to the GBC a vision statement for the Bhaktivedanta Institute.
- According to that vision, propose a unified structure for the Bhaktivedanta Institute, how it will function on an ongoing basis, and how the BI will be accountable to the GBC body.
- The unified structure for BI should include BI Mumbai/Berkeley. Other entities and initiatives might also be included, at the discretion of the committee.
The GBC requests Madana-mohana Das and Hanuman Das to propose a committee within 90 days to the GBC EC for approval.
The committee will report to the GBC and the BBT about its progress by the next GBC AGM.
Because BI Mumbai/Berkeley will be part of the BI structure, the GBC requests the BBT to direct the BI funds to BI Mumbai/Berkeley during the interim period while the committee is coming to its conclusions.
312. Executive Secretariat Reporting and Accounting
Whereas the Executive Secretariat has been established recently and a clear line of reporting is needed:
That the Executive Secretariat (ES) receives its mandate from the Governing Body Commission (GBC); the Secretariat reports and is accountable to the GBC. Throughout the year the ES works with the GBC Executive Committee (EC) in its role as representative of the GBC, to ensure and assist the ES to perform as mandated.
In the unlikely circumstances of crisis or a ‘state of emergency’, the EC may delegate or re-prioritize the service responsibilities of the ES, which shall be discussed by the full GBC at its next meeting.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...