Amendment to Required Examination Prior to Accepting a Diksa-guru
From the Governing Body Commission of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness
306. Amendment to Required Examination Prior to Accepting a Diksa-guru
Whereas the GBC Statement on the Position of Srila Prabhupada and the paper “Harmonizing ISKCON’s Lines of Authority” have been approved by the GBC and been made required reading for all harinama initiation candidates;
Whereas it is also important to make sure that the candidates have understood these papers;
Whereas according to ISKCON law 18.104.22.168.6, every harinama initiation candidate must take a test before initiation. This test is a good opportunity to make sure that the candidates have read these papers and to judge their level of understanding of their important concepts:
(a) that ISKCON Law 22.214.171.124.6 be amended to include the following three questions in the test that all harinama initiation candidates must take before initiation:
14. Have you read the GBC Statement on the Position of Srila Prabhupada?
15. Have you read the paper “Harmonizing ISKCON’s Lines of Authority”?
16. What have you understood as the most important points of the “Harmonizing ISKCON’s Lines of Authority” paper?
And (b), that the Guru Services Committee shall update the Initiation Exam accordingly for all GBCs and gurus to distribute.
307. Sannyasis and Sannyasa Candidates Attending Spiritual Leadership Seminar
Whereas the ISKCON Spiritual Leadership Seminar, “Being a Guru in ISKCON”, given under the auspices of the GBC Guru Services Committee, gives valuable information and instruction on how to serve as a diksa or siksa guru within ISKCON;
And whereas, according to sastra, a sannyasi is naturally a guru, and as such ISKCON sannyasis would be able to function more effectively in their service were they to take this Seminar:
All ISKCON sannyasis are strongly advised to attend the Spiritual Leadership Seminar, “Being a Guru in ISKCON”, given under the auspices of the GBC Guru Services Committee
All sannyasa candidates must attend the Spiritual Leadership Seminar, “Being a Guru in ISKCON”, provided it is available in a language appropriate for them
308. GBC Members’ Definition in ISKCON Law
Whereas the wording of the existing ISKCON Law needs fine tuning to increase clarity:
That ISKCON Law 3.5.1: “The following shall be considered to be GBC Members: GBC Zonal Secretaries, GBC Ministers, Assistant GBC Members, and Candidates for GBC, GBC Deputies and GBC Emeritii.”
Shall be replaced by:
“The expression “GBC member” exclusively indicates the full (voting) GBC members, the Acting GBCs and the Assistant GBCs; they are supported and aided by the GBC Emeriti, the GBC Candidates, the GBC Standing Committees, the Global Ministries, the Executive Secretariat, the Divisional Directors, the GBC Deputies and by any other office, committee or individual as required and approved from time to time by the GBC.”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...