To Gandharvika devi dasi ACBSP (Wendy Saddington)
Gandharvika devi dasi above chanted for the pleasure of Sri Sri Radha Krishna wherever she may have been.
By Krishnarupa Devi Dasi (ACBSP)
Gandharvika devi dasi succumbed to oesophageal cancer on 21 June, in her Melbourne home. The diagnosis was sudden, but she decided it was time to be free of her material body and move on, declining to have medical treatment due to the advanced stage of her condition. Gandharvika has spent the past six weeks or so preparing herself by constantly hearing Srila Prabhupada chanting and devotees reading to her from his books. Her long-time friend, Gangamayi devi dasi, was indefatigable in her loving and Krishna conscious care. We will remember Gandharvika with warm fondness. Her great love for singing the Holy Name as loud and powerfully as only she could will always be in the the minds of those who had the fortune to have heard her.
Oh singing angel
Fearlessly giving the maha-mantra
To the world
Standing solitary in a crowded street
With your kartalasringing
Voice cutting through
The sounds of city chaos
On stage and on TV
By your power you induce
All to take up the refrain
You love the most
So that hearts are purified
And souls get delivered
Your friend and servant
Krishnarupa devi dasi
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...
- By Bhakta Kaplish Keeping in view the large num...
- By Kesava Krsna DasaHas anyone ever attended a ...
- By Lilasuka dasiThe academic school in New Vrin...
- By Nimai Devi Dasi Leicester Cathedral, a Mosqu...