Panihatti Mahotsav Celebrations 2013 at Srirangapatna, Karnataka, India
Festival photos are available in the following link
By Sugopi Sakhi Devi Dasi
The atmosphere at Dodda Ghosai Ghat near Srirangapatna was surcharged with spiritual vibrations. The sky was clear, the panoramic view was enough to take one’s breath away and the blue flowing waters of the Cauvery beckoned. What was so special about this beautiful Sunday morning?
Well, 850 of us arrived here by buses, cars and vans to join Sri Gaura Nitai on an ecstatic picnic. Young and old joined in the Panihatti Festival.celebrations. There was a grand abhisekam of the deities to the chanting of Sri Brahma-Samhita and nonstop kirtan.
There was visible excitement in the air as the deities were taken for a dip in the Cauvery river. All of us jostled for space to get a glimpse of the deities while in the waters of the Cauvery and to receive their merciful blessings as they came out.
Then came our turn to take a dip in the cool waters of the river touched by the lotus feet of the deities. It was time for some fun and splashing around. However one could see devotees paying obeisances before entering the waters, sprinkling some water on their heads before carefully stepping into the river.
Narration of the significance of the Festival, more abhishekam, kirtan and Mah aarti followed. The sumptuous prasadam spread including the specially made cida dahi was a perfect conclusion to the festival.
Everyone felt truly blessed. Being in the association of so many devotees is something we all yearn for. Why can’t such festivals just go on and on. Why can’t there be a festival everyday where every word is a song and every step is a dance?
Your’s in service.
Sugopi Sakhi Devi Dasi
ISKCON Communications Team
ISKCON Convention Centre
Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...