Every saint has a past, every sinner a future – The Australian Iskcon Prison Ministry
By Prema Nama Dasa and Radharani Dasi
Please accept our humble respects. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
The USA Iskcon Prison Ministry has created over 500 inmate devotees! Ex-criminals, many of whom were on ‘death row’, have now become initiated devotees; following the four regulative principles, chanting a minimum of 16 rounds every day and even holding regular Bhagavad Gita preaching programs for their fellow inmates! There are over 100 prisons in Australia with a population of well over 30,000 and these souls have largely been unexposed to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. Until now.
The Australian Iskcon Prison Ministry was formed out of the Gold Coast in Nov ’12 and we have thus far sent Srila Prabhupada’s books to over 100 prisons across Australia, with positive responses!
The Ministry has a three-phased strategic plan – see above!. (1) To send Srila Prabhupada’s books to every prison, (2) to sustain written correspondence and cultivation of interested inmates, and (3) to launch prison outreach programs including discourses, kirtans and prasadam. This strategy has been phenomenally successful globally producing more than 1,000 inmate Vaisnava’s around the world.
We want to humbly ask whether you or anyone you know would like to help the Ministry in spreading Srila Prabhupada’s mercy to the most degraded in our society. Srila Prabhupada has saved us and we are very excited to try act as instruments in his hands to save our fellow prisoners. Devotees are welcomed to assist in any way they would like in one or more of the three phases. Already, we have a few devotees eager to hold small preaching programs in their nearby prisons – our humble dream is to have at least one prison preaching program per month in every state!
We are happy to receive any suggestions; our only intention is to spread Krsna Consciousness into the walls of the prison confines. We hope to serve with you soon J
Aspiring to be
Your servants, Prema Nama Dasa / Radharani Dasi
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
0430 248 770
“The means which I have adopted is spiritual and it works quicker than any material means. If you give me chance to speak to all the members in jail, it is quite possible for me to turn them into ideal characters.”
Srila Prabhupada, Letter to Sri Puri, 1962
Art by Inmate Vaishnava, Burl Dees:
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...