“Gita changes” for chapter eight an eye-opener, now online
Mobile version here: http://m.dandavats.com/?p=158
BBT press release
The BBT is pleased to announce the release of the annotated scans for chapter eight of Bhagavad-gita As It Is. They are now online at www.BBTedit.com/changes.
In this chapter, the revisions made are extensive. In fact, so much of what Srila Prabhupada originally wrote has been restored – and this so enriches the chapter – that lovers of Srila Prabhupada’s words may well ask themselves, “How could we not want this in?”
- extensive lost text recovered — including significant explanations by Srila Prabhupada
- four instances where the old edition said only “Hare Krishna” and the new edition restores what Srila Prabhupada originally dictated — the entire maha-mantra: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare / Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- many Sanskrit quotations recovered
- text included in the 1968 abridged edition – but left out of the 1972 unabridged – now once again included
- the skipping of text 18 (For text 18 the first edition uses Srila Prabhupada’s translation and purport for text 19, and for text 19 it comes up with a new translation. In the second edition you’ll see this all set straight.)
- restored at the end of the chapter, a more detailed description of how one may progress from sraddha to prema
- and much more
See Srila Prabhupada’s original words
In several places the revisions and restorations are so extensive that the scans include attached tables to show you the old and new versions side by side with the original transcription of Srila Prabhupada’s words.
You’ll see all the revisions done for the purports, along with explanatory notes. And for nearly all the changes you’ll see images from the earliest manuscripts in the BBT’s files.
Apart from images for specific changes, also included are six complete sample pages from the transcriptions of Srila Prabhupada’s original tapes.
See for yourself
Whether you’re for “the changes,” against them, or neutral, here’s another opportunity to see what the changes actually are.
See for yourself in the annotated scans for chapter eight, now online at www.BBTedit.com/changes.
The changes for the Preface, the Introduction, and the previous chapters are already online. See them all at www.BBTedit.com/changes.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...