Peter Buffett – on the dualities of giving
Tuesday, 30 July 2013 / Published in Articles / 2,645 views
By Nrsimhananda das
Dear Mr. Buffett,
The Daily Mail reported today that you say “charity is a perpetual poverty machine” and that “rich people giving away money eases their conscience but doesn’t solve the problem.” All true. But what is the foundation of the dysfunction?
In brief, I learned from the ancient wisdom of the Bhagavad-gita which describes charity in the mode of ignorance, charity in the mode of passion, and charity in the mode of goodness.
all you are doing is throwing money at the problem vs. getting to the root of the matter you are no better than if you gave nothing or just slightly better.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...