Peter Buffett – on the dualities of giving
Tuesday, 30 July 2013 / Published in Articles / 2,634 views
By Nrsimhananda das
Dear Mr. Buffett,
The Daily Mail reported today that you say “charity is a perpetual poverty machine” and that “rich people giving away money eases their conscience but doesn’t solve the problem.” All true. But what is the foundation of the dysfunction?
In brief, I learned from the ancient wisdom of the Bhagavad-gita which describes charity in the mode of ignorance, charity in the mode of passion, and charity in the mode of goodness.
all you are doing is throwing money at the problem vs. getting to the root of the matter you are no better than if you gave nothing or just slightly better.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...