kirtan for Lord Jaganath at the Hunstville Jaganath temple
Alabama state representative Dan Williams
By Gadi das
Just a little note from Murari’s Kirtan Valley…. We were recently invited to come and do kirtan for Lord Jaganath at the Hunstville Jaganath temple, for both ends of the Rathyatra…that is taking Lord Jaganath to his secluded hideout and then the next Sunday bringing Him back to the temple. Huntsville is about 45min from Murari.
We made many new friends, and saw many old ones… presented Murari’s “milkmade” goodies…veggies too. We had great kitans for Lord Jaganath throughout the festivities.
On the second Sunday, we had the pleasure to meet Dan Williams, the former mayor of Athens Al. for fourteen years, and now member of the Ala. State representative. We had some good talks, made friends, and he graciously accepted the gift of Bhagavad Gita, Science of Self-realization, and a Perfection of Yoga… and a nice invitation to visit Murari when he got some time off.
It was a very special day… The cart deities are only about 24in tall. But the temple Jaganath, Baladev and Subhadra are 7feet tall… just amazing, feels like your in Puri. Their website is: http://hccna.com/ or the Rath pictures taken by the Huntsville times can be viewed at: http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2013/07/lord_jagannath_bahuda_yatra.html
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...