Magh mela camp 2014 information
Shyamananda dasa: Dear devotees and spiritual seekers,
Please accept our respects and best wishes. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
We are pleased to invite all Krishna devotees in particular and spiritual seekers in general to attend Magha mela 2014 at the holy town of Prayaga. This holy fair has been conducted in since the beginning of creation in commemorating the birth of the universe. As the name of the mela implies (ma – no, agha – sin) the persons taking part in this mela are washed off all sins. Its importance is mentioned in the revealed scriptures as follows – “If one goes to Prayäga and bathes at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamunä in the month of Mägha, he attains the result of giving hundreds and thousands of cows in charity. Simply by bathing for three days there, he attains the results of such a pious activity.” (C.C.Madhya 18.145). Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also attended this mela being invited by a Sanodiya brahmana and later instructed Srila Rupa Goswami on the principles of devotional service at Prayaga.
ISKCON has been conducting it’s Magh mela camp for the past few years and we wish to inform devotees that the camp land has been allotted and now bookings for tents are open and are fast running out. Therefore those interested in booking tents may contact email@example.com or call Venu Vijay das (9935472558) as soon as possible.
Thank you. Hare Krishna!
your servants at ISKCON Allahabad
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...