A GBC Foundational Document – Srila Prabhupada: The Founder-Ācārya of ISKCON
This work, Srila Prabhupada: The Founder-Acarya of ISKCON, authored by Ravindra Svarupa Dasa, is officially endorsed by ISKCON’s Governing Body Commission (GBC).
The GBC requests all devotees and friends of ISKCON to give deep and careful attention to this work. To do so will broaden our collective understanding of, and appreciation for, the position of Srila Prabhupada and his unique role in the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
Srila Prabhupada did not simply carry the message of Lord Caitanya and Lord Krishna to us. While that in itself is a glorious task, Srila Prabhupada, as our Founder-Acarya , created the very foundation, function and vision of ISKCON as a global community aiming for the “respiritualization of the entire human society.” Srila Prabhupada’s role, as you will read, is ongoing. His presence is to be felt in the life of every ISKCON devotee today, and in the lives of devotees many centuries into the future.
Understanding how Srila Prabhupada is in the center of our lives and our society, and knowing how to keep him in that essential role, is the purpose of this text.
As Bhakti Charu Swami writes in the Foreword, “this book is not meant for casual reading, but for implementation.”
GBC Executive Committee December, 2013
Feedback and questions: email@example.com
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...