Hinduization of Iskcon?
By Jaya Madhava das-(ACBSP)-Moscow
Dear GBC+Prabhus, Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Prabhus, I am concerned about the over past years over emphasis in some Iskcon temples towards pampering to the Indian community for support at the expense of book distribution and Hari Nams and Bhakta making. Many senior devotees are not happy about this. This is seen most evident in places hit by the loss of Gurus+devotees.
The result is a watered down Iskcon. This is commonly known as the hinduization of Iskcon. The USA and the UK have adopted this approach with success but at a cost…. Less preaching to locals, decreased book distribution and Hari Nams and weak bhakta programs. I saw this happen and it is discouraging to see. Also I wonder if the GBC will formally re-address the problem of the increasing rittvik movement. It seems very disturbing that its becoming stonger because of the compromises made by Iskcon.
Indian preaching is fine but Its gotton out of hand. In some temples they barely resemble Prabhupad’s original movement anymore! Hence.. devotees leave Iskcon for other Maths or worse go rittvik ! Can Iskcon reaccess its mistakes in these areas or ignore it ? I would like some feedback from someone.
I am a Prabhupada disciple now for over well over 35 years (from the USA- Philadelphia Pa.)
Im concerned about the future of Iskcon, all is not well.
Thank you for your time
Jaya Madhava das-(ACBSP)-Moscow
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...