Serbia: attacks continue despite improvements
By Forum 18
Although the number of violent attacks on Serbia’s religious minorities has declined in recent years, numerous such attacks still continue, Forum 18 News Service has found in its latest annual survey.
In June, a Hare Krishna devotee was knifed. One blackspot is the town of Backa Palanka, where Seventh-day Adventist and Pentecostal churches have faced graffiti, arson and stone-throwing attacks and a Jehovah’s Witness was assaulted.
A newly-built Catholic church in Smederevo has faced three attacks in the past year, while Nazarene, Orthodox, Lutheran, Muslim and Mormon sites have also been attacked.
On 6 September, a new Islamic faculty being prepared in Novi Pazar was vandalised. Frustrated by officials’ failure to prosecute those who boasted of burning down a Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in 1999, Jehovah’s Witnesses this year sued the Serbian state.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...