Serbia: attacks continue despite improvements
By Forum 18
Although the number of violent attacks on Serbia’s religious minorities has declined in recent years, numerous such attacks still continue, Forum 18 News Service has found in its latest annual survey.
In June, a Hare Krishna devotee was knifed. One blackspot is the town of Backa Palanka, where Seventh-day Adventist and Pentecostal churches have faced graffiti, arson and stone-throwing attacks and a Jehovah’s Witness was assaulted.
A newly-built Catholic church in Smederevo has faced three attacks in the past year, while Nazarene, Orthodox, Lutheran, Muslim and Mormon sites have also been attacked.
On 6 September, a new Islamic faculty being prepared in Novi Pazar was vandalised. Frustrated by officials’ failure to prosecute those who boasted of burning down a Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in 1999, Jehovah’s Witnesses this year sued the Serbian state.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...