Fire Sacrifice – True Story
My friend John has been associating with devotees for over three decades. I was surprised when He suddenly announced that he has been putting off his fire sacrifice. For years, I had been hinting and cajoling him to take initiation.
I felt that the fruits of my preaching had finally ripened. I relished the result of the patience that I had practiced over the long term of coaxing him to become very serious about his spiritual life. I felt very proud that he, indeed, had taken my suggestion to heart and was even considering having the fire sacrifice.
I wanted to encourage him to have it right away – before he changed his mind – so I asked him, “John why are you delaying the fire sacrifice.” He said, “I don’t want to be cremated until the very last second.”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...