New York Gaura Purnima Festival
By Pragnesh Surti
Please join us on Saturday March 3, 2007 for an all day celebration of Gaura Purnima
– Appearance Day of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu!
Starting with Mangala Arati at 4:30 am, take part in all of the different daily ceremonies, activities of the day, temple services, hearing and chanting the glories and pastimes of Lord Caitanya, and of course culminating with the evening celebration which begins at 5:00pm.
Those devotees who are eager to attend the celebration will have access to limited accommodations in the Temple ashram, and are available with advance notice for Friday and Saturday nights. Please contact the temple @ (718)
875-6127 or email us @ email@example.com for information on accommodations.
*Gaura Purnima – Morning Program*
4:30am – 9:00am: Mangala Arati, Tulasi Puja, Japa Meditation, Sringara Arati (Deity Greetings), Guru Puja and Lecture on Pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
For all interested devotees, after the lecture, there are plenty of service opportunities including helping prepare the Evening Prasadam Feast, cleaning the temple, decorations, and continuous readings from the Caitanya Caritamrta in the temple room. Please inquire at the temple for more information.
* Gaura Purnima – Maha Harinama *
3:00pm – 5:00pm – Times Square
Starting at 3pm devotees from Radha Govinda Temple, Bhaktivedanta Ashram, and the 26
2nd ave temple community will gather at 40th street and Broadway, to chant and dance in procession thru Times square to the city crowds in the afternoon. The devotees will chant and dance for 2 hours and will return at 5:00pm to return to Radha Govinda Temple for the evening celebration.
* Gaura Purnima – Evening Celebration *
5:00pm – 9:00pm: Sri Sri Radha Govinda Mandir
Join us to celebrate the festival of Gaura Purnima with Bhajans, Kirtans, Abhiseka ceremony of Lord Caitanya, Arati, lecture on the teachings of Lord Caitanya, culminating with a wonderful prasadam feast.
For those devotees eager to render some service or sponsorship of any of the different parts of the festival, please contact the temple @ (718) 875-6127 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
All devotees should hear about Sri Caitanya Mah??prabhu?€?s pastimes with faith and love. By the grace of the Lord, one can thus attain shelter at His lotus feet. – CC Mad.25.269
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...