Seeing the Yamuna River
By Bhurijana dasa
Four fortunate souls associating with the Yamuna River. Had we pure spiritual vision, what would we see? Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura describes the bank of the River Yamuna in an intimate lila-kirtana.
1. ami jamuna-puline, kadamba-kanane,ki herinu sakhi! aj! syama bamsidhari, mani-mancopari, kore’ lila rasaraj
Oh sakhi! My dear girlfriend! What have I seen today? In a kadamba grove on the banks of the Yamuna, a beautiful blackish boy holding a long flute name vamsi is seated upon a throne of jewels, performing His pastimes as the King of all transcendental mellows!
2. krsna-keli sudha-prasravana astha-dalopari, sri-radha sri hari, astha-sakhi parijana
Situated upon the eight petals of the jewelled altar is Sri Radha and Sri Hari surrounded by Their attendants the eight chief gopis. There Krsna performs His amorous pastimes which are just like a waterfall of nectar.
3. sugita nartane, saba sakhi-gane, tusche jugala-dhane krsna-lila heri’, prakrti-sundari, bistariche sobha bane
By singing sweet songs and by dancing nicely, all the gopis satisfy the treasured Divine Couple. Thus I am beholding Krsna’s pastimes with His beautiful female consorts expanding throughout the splendrous forest.
4. ghare na jaibo, bane pravesibo, o lila-raser tare tyaji’ kula-laja, bhaja braja-raja, binoda minati kore’
For the sake of the mellows of such pastimes, I will not go to my home, but I will instead enter into the forest. Renouncing all shyness due to fear of family members, just worship the Lord of Vraja. This is the humble submission of Bhaktivinoda.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...