Goptritve Varana Song 2
1) Within my heart I have always been anxious for the maintenance of my wife and children, my own body and relatives.
2) How will I earn money? How will I obtain fame? How will I arrange the marriages of my sons and daughter?
3) Now, through self-surrender, I have been purged of all anxiety. O Lord, surely You will provide for the maintenance of Your household.
4) Surely You will preserve me, knowing me to be Your own servant. O Lord, in Your devotional service I feel great happiness.
5) All events take place by Your will, O Lord. The deluded soul of this world declares, “I am the doer,” but this is pure folly.
6) If You do not act first, then what is a tiny soul actually able to do? By Your will he can only desire to act, and unless You fulfill his desire, he cannot do anything.
7) I will serve You free from all anxiety, and at home, if any good or evil should occur, it will not be my responsibility.
8) Bhaktivinoda thus gives up his independence and engages in the exclusive service of Your lotus feet with no other interest in life.
Goptritve Varana Song 3
1) Now that I have surrendered all I possess, I fall prostrate before Your house. You are the Supreme Lord. Kindly consider me Your household dog.
2) Chain me nearby and maintain me as You will. I shall remain at the doorstep and allow no enemies to enter Your house. I will keep them at the bounds of the moat surrounding Your home.
3) Whatever remnants Your devotees leave behind after honoring Your prasada will be my daily sustenance. I will feast on those remnants with great ecstasy.
4) While sitting up, while lying down, I will constantly meditate on Your lotus feet. Whenever You call, I will immediately run to You and dance in rapture.
5) I will never think of my own maintenance but rather remain transported by a multitude of ecstasies. Bhaktivinoda accepts You as his only support.