Mustard near Akrura Ghat
By Bhurijana dasa
Hare Krsna. Krsna explains in Bhagavad-gita 9.30:”For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.”
Seeing Krsna everywhere is certainly easier in Vraja dhama.
It is said that the flowers from the mustard plant are close in color to the golden complexion of Srimati Radharani. And that the Yamuna River is dark, as is the complexion of Sri Krsna.
Thus simple mustard plants flowering near the bank of the Yamuna remind us of Sri Sri Radha Krsna.
To remember Krsna always with a favorable mood is emanantly satisfying, purifying, and moves us towards perfecting our relationship with Krsna.
This particular photograph was taken close to Akrura ghat, where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu resided during his stay in Vrindaban. Akrura, while carrying Krsna and Balarama to Mathura in his chariot, bathed in the Yamuna. While bathing, and saw the Krsna and Balarama, who were still in his chariot, in the Yamuna River as Visnu and Ananta Sesa.
When Akrura returned from his bath and again saw Krsna and Balarama upon the chariot, he gazed at the two brothers in amazement.
Seeing the expression on Akrura’s face caused Krsna to ask, “Have you seen something wonderful on the earth, in the sky or in the water? From your appearance, We think you have.” Akrura, understanding Krsna’s supreme position, replied, “And now that I am seeing You, O Supreme Absolute Truth, in whom reside all amazing things on the earth, in the sky and in the water, what amazing things could I see in this world?”
To see and remember Krsna is indeed the most amazing thing. Indeed, Sri Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami states “There is no consummation for the eyes other than the sight of KŠa. Whoever sees Him is most fortunate indeed.” (CC Adi 4.154)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...