by Sriman Kusakratha dasa, inspired by a Sanskrit poem, with versification by Dravida dasa
1) sri-sri-navadvipa-para-pradipah sandipyamanah satato bhuviha cetas-tamo hanti hi yasya yatnat tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The transcendental lamp of Navadvip, Gaurangadev, He took with great endeavor ’round the world the souls to save Who long had dwelt in darkness, never chanting Krsna’s name , the vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
2) sri-bhaktisiddhanta-pracoditah sri- vyasadya-kosam kusalam krpaluh san mleccha-vag-desa-caye ‘dadhad yas tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The sacred treasure left by Vyas and other learned saints He rendered into English free of speculation’s taints, And thus he mercif’lly fulfilled Sri Sarasvati’s aim The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
3) acchadyate yat-para-tarka-drsya- govinda-murty-ujjvala-bhaskarena advaiti-khadyota-kulam jagatyam tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The brilliant sun of Lord Govinda’s form is shining bright Throughout this world because of his sharp logic’s awesome might. That sun makes all the Mayavadi glowworms hide in shame The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
4) yasyaiva yatnena purana-raja- gangamala kesava-keli-hamsa sat-stotra-ratna vahatiha loke tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The pristine Ganges of the Bhagavat flows everywhere Because of his great effort. In that stream, the sages’ prayers Are gems, and Krsna’s pastimes are swans sporting unrestrained The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
5) sri-radhika-krsna-padaravinde sahasra-hrtsu sata-mandiresu aropayad yo madhure prthivyam tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
Ensuring that his mission’s victory would be complete, He planted Sri Sri Radha-Krsna’s charming lotus feet In temples by the dozen and in countless hearts unchained The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
6) kausalyadair yasya sahasra-sastra- sastrativarsaih pratihanyate hi canda kaler moha-camur hathena tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The fierce and formidable army led by wicked Kali Is being slain by arrow showers, volley upon volley. Those arrows are his all-auspicious books of spotless fame The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
7) nana-lasad-gaura-sudha-prakasa- phalah ksitau sthapita eva yena krsnanucinta-jana-sangha-vrkso tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
The Hare Krsna movement’s a desire tree, whose fruits Are all the splendid ways Lord Gaura’s army wins recruits. To plant that tree upon the earth, from Krsna’s realm he came The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.
8) yo nityada jivati daivikisu nijasu siksasu sahanugami krpambudhir nanda-sutasritatma tam kirtayamah prabhupadadevam
An ocean of compassion, he has taken shelter of Sri Nanda’s Son with all his being in everlasting love. He lives on by his words, with him his followers remain The vast renown of Srila Prabhupada I now proclaim.I pray that those who hear this hymn, which shines the brilliant light Of Srila Prabhupada’s renown in Kali-yuga’s night, Will soon attain firm faith in his instructions so that they May one day join him in Golok, and there with Krsna stay.