Daily Harinam Sankirtan Party for Sri Dhama Mayapur
By Shastra dasa
A daily Harinam Sankirtan Party for Sri Dhama Mayapur was officially inaugurated by Mayapur Administrative Council and HH Bhakti Purusottama Swami, Co -Director of Mayapur Projects.
“It is the desire of Srila Prabhupada to have a regular Harinam (Nagara Sankirtan) party going round on daily basis around the nine Islands of Navadvipa and ISKCON Campus. He wants “Hari haraye namah Krsna Yadavaya namah, Gopal Govinda Rama Sri-Madhusudana” sung along with the Hare Krishna mantra. Though not documented but we heard Srila Prabhupada mentioned that one in his conversations about his vision for Mayapur in Sri Dhama Mayapuri
Whenever I hear the Harinam (Nagara) sankirtan party pass by or stop in front of the Pancha Tattva altar extention vibrating and chanting the holy names, I feel great joy in my heart because one of Srila Prabhupada’s desires and visions for Sridham Mayapur is fulfilled…….” Pankajanghri Prabhu.
The head of Nagara Sankirtan Department is Shastra dasa, who has 27 years of experience as one of the pioneering leaders in Africa heading Food For Life, Harinam parties, Temples and School projects in Africa before, and is now settled in Mayapur with his family and committed to expand and maintain this project.
The regular harinam party has been in existence for the past one year but was given recognition one month ago. The party also distributes pamphlets, dried packed maha prasadam from Radha Madhava’s kitchen and cooked Kitchiri prasadam along with the Holy Names.
The party is planning to visit the entire parikrama route as done during the Gaura purnima parikrama distributing the holy manes, prasadam and pamphlets on monthly basis. Presently, they cover at least four Islands every week chanting for two hours or more on daily.
However, the visits to the surrounding villages have not been so regular due to lack of staff members and funds. It is a wonderful opportunity to please Srila Prabhupada and serve the Holy Dhama by sponsoring a village FFL program as they work closely with the Mayapur Food For Life project under the Bhisma Department headed by Sankarsan Nitai Prabhu (General Manager) and his assistant Sundara Govinda Prabhu.
HH Bhakti Purusottama Swami declared, He will sponsor free 15 days accommodation and feeding for any Western devotee who is ready to join the newly created Nagara Sankirtan Department. Jaya iPlease come and join nowii Choose your favourite or a special day (your birthday, beloved one’s departure day, your marriage anniversary day etc) for sponsorship or become a regular sponsor for this project.
“In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krishna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krishna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.” Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.5.32 and 36
Srila Prabhupada built this movement in America on Harinam. Rejuvenate your spiritual life by going back to the root…Harinam Sankirtan. Join now or support the Harinam party.
The Lord ordered all the citizens of Mayapur-Navadvipa to chant the Hare Krishna mantra, and in each and every home they began performing harinam-sankirtana regularly. (Caitanya Caritamrita, Adi-Lila 17.122)
Everyone should be given the chance to take prasada and thus be induced to chant the holy names of Krishna and also dance in ecstasy” CC Antya lila 1.
Our temples should be the media for feeding the poor with food and spiritual knowledgei.Srila Prabhupada
Thank you for your kind mercy.
Contact address Shastra dasa (Nagara Sankirtan department) Shastra.BTS@pamho.net Phone call (+91)9732720429
ISKCON MAYAPUR NAGARA SANKIRTAN DEPARTMENT NEEDS YOUR VALUABLE FINANCIAL SUPPORT. Whatever the amount, it will help us.
Please send your Cheque and DD in the name of ISKCON to the following address:
ISKCON C/o. Nagara Department
31, Lake Avenue, Kolkata-700026 India. Ph: 033-2463 3380/3387 Bank Transferiii..
Bank: UTI Bank Limited
Account No: 237010100005944
Account Name: ISKCON
Bank Address: UTI Bank Limited,12 M M Ghosh Street, Krishnanagar, Dist\ Nadia, West Bengal 741101 Swift Code No.: UTIBINBB005
* Online payment: Click “Donate Now” option in www.mayapur.com. Please specify the donation is to support Nagara Sankirtan Department A/c no 332 N.G.
When you send in your donation, please also inform us of the details by e-mail at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The list of items that can be sponsored now:
1. Small books and pamphlet for free distribution for one month…….
2. Prasadam sponsorship: Kichari costs 5 rupees per plate, full stomach (rich food filled with dahl and vegetables), thus to sponsor one program where approximately 500 people attend, costs Rs 2500 or US $ 55 (transport charges have been included). Packets of dried maha-prasadam can be sponsored at the cost of Rs 5 000 for
1000 packets (= US $ 125)
3. Transportation to villages: Rs 10 000 (= US $ 250) per month
4. Construction of two rikshaws – one for Prabhus and one for Matajis – with canopies specially designed for doing Harinam during in the rain: Rs 40
000 (=US $ 1 000)
All who contribute to the Harinama Department will be sent a special Mayapur Maha-Parcel with Holy Dust and Water from Sacred places around Navadvipa in the future and special prayers offered one their behalf at the different holy places for their spiritual upliftment. Do not miss this opportunity..
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...