Famous rugby star Marc Ellis becomes Hare Krishna
By Amrta Pani devi dasi
Tuesday, 12 June 2007
Shaving up, wearing a dhoti, chanting on the streets and attending mangala arati at 4.30 a.m. are some of the things experienced by new Krishna devotees, and Marc Ellis well known TV personality and former All Black rugby player, did just that from Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27 at the Radha Giridhari temple in Kumeu.
Kalasamvara, council member, said Ellis jumped into the role of a new devotee while filming How the Other Half Live, a TV One series on minority groups in New Zealand. Ellis was photographed by the New Zealand Sunday Herald while dressed as a devotee with the headline “Marc Ellis joins the Hare Krishnas”.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...