By Krishnabhakta das
Hare Krishna, PAMHO. This is an heartly invitation to you for 13th Dindi Festival of ISKCON, all devotees who are taking part in dindi will get the most auspicious association of H. H. Lokanatha Swami Maharaja, who will be present in this festival and all the devotees taking part all around the world.
Following is the precise information of Dindi:
your humble servant, krishnabhaka das
13TH ANNUAL DINDI FESTIVAL
1. What is Dindi?
Dindi is an ancient religious walking festival in Maharashtra. Pilgrims from all around Maharashtra, Karnataka and various parts of India walk from their respective places with groups of devotees to have darsan of Lord Vitthala in Pandharpur. They chant the holy name of Lord Vitthala Who is no one else than Dvarakadhisa or Krsna Himself. This walking festival takes about 15 to 20 days to reach Pandharpur. The pilgrims stay every night in different villages, towns and places and are constantly glorifying the Lord. More than two hundred thousand devotees of Lord Vitthala participate each year in this festival.
2. Since when is it being organized by ISKCON? ISKCON is organizing this festival since 2003. During the Dindi festival the devotees perform all kinds of preaching activities like, arati, kirtan, drama, lecture, book & prasadam distribution, etc. In this way many devotees get the opportunity to participate in this wonderful festival and get the mercy of Lord Vitthala or Krsna and Srila Prabhupada.
3. From where it will depart? It will depart from Dehu, the holy birthplace of Saint Tukaram, which is not far from Pune ISKCON Temple.
4. Day of departing? There are two Dindis: Tukaram Dindi departs on Saturday 7th of July. Jnanesvara Dindi departs on Sunday 8th of July. Devotees should arrive one or two days earlier.
5. When will it reach Pandharpur?
25th of July.
6. Route description.
7th July, Tukaram Dindi: Dehu, Pune, Baramati, Indapur, Akluj, Velapur, Pandharpur.
8th July, Jnanesvara Dindi: Alandi, Pune, Sasvad, Jejuri, Phaltan, Nateputa, Malsiras, Velapur, Pandharpur.
7. How much is the registration fee? There is no registration fee. Devotees can participate free of any costs.
8. Contact persons. Kesava das 09422568259 Sridhara Madhava das 09370622153 Chaitanya Candra das 09372148230 Krishnabhaktadas 09373212822