Final Purushottam Report
By Suhrit Krishna Das
Hare Krishna Vaishnavas,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to Purushottam Masa.
With the mercy of Sri Sri Radha Giridhari and the blessings of all the Vaishnavas, the devotees in Auckland could perform a total of 114 home programmes during the just concluded Purushottam month.
Apart from spreading the glories of Purushottama Month this was a good occasion for distribution of books and beads and inviting the new host and guest to the temple and the Nama hatta programmes.
Please see the attached sheet for all the details.
A review meeting was conducted on 20/06/07 where the preachers shared some of their experiences and suggested some ideas to make the Home programmes more effective in future.
* Everyone thanked Padmasambhava prabhu for initiating this programme and encouraging the devotees in their endeavour. He also booked the maximum number of programmes.
* We were particularly blessed by the presence of H.H. Jayapataka Maharaj and H.H. Janananda Maharaj in this month and they were please pleased with this programme. Most of the preachers conceded that they themselves know very little about Purushottam Month .But since they had to conduct this programme they had to read about it and preach. This not only enlivened them spiritually but also gave the listeners immense joy and satisfaction.
* Although most of the preachers were busy with their work and could not follow up with many prospective hosts, they found that requests for conducting puja simple flowed in.
* It was perceived before that some of the new people attending these programmes may not be comfortable with the difference in meter for the chanting of the shlokas in chapter 15. However everyone agreed that people love chanting shlokas from the Bhagavad Gita and exhibited that mood during the programmes.
* Lakshmi Mataji and Ramanuja Prabhu had added short stories from the Krishna Book along with the Purushottam katha in their programmes.
* Madanmohan prabhu encouraged his sister and friend outside Auckland to conduct the programme at their residence.
* Little Yamini and Sai (both below 10 yrs) actively helped Lakshmi Mataji conduct programmes.
The next Home programme would be Krishna Lila – conducted for 7 days prior to Janmashtami in various houses by various preachers. More information would be sent out once things are finalised. Happy booking!!!
Thank you very much.
Your servant in the service of Srila Prabhupada,
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...