A summer break in Paris “fun with a sense of chaos”
I had lunch on the run (tasty samosas from an Indian place near my hotel) and learned that there was a big Indian festival (Ratha Yatra – Jagannath) that afternoon at Place Republic. They were to pull a juggernaut through the streets to a nearby neighbourhood for celebration and a free feast. Imagine my surprise when I got there to find it was a group of European Hare Krishna followers. In fairness, they seemed supported with enthusiasm by Indian, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi peoples (including representatives from the diplomatic services of these countries). It was all great fun with a sense of chaos about it. In India, people are often crushed under the wheels of the juggernauts, but since there were only a couple of hundred people involved and it was all fairly orderly, there were no mishaps.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...