Los Angeles New Dwaraka Festival of the Chariots 2007
By Svavasa dasa
New Dwaraka Temple President
The 31st Annual Festival of the Chariots will roll into Venice Beach on Sunday, August 5, 2007. The festival commences at 10:00 a.m. at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and proceeds south on Main St., with three fully decorated, four-story chariots leading a colorful parade toward the Ocean Front Walk Plaza.
The Festival of the Chariots includes a free feast for thousands, free entertainment and exhibits and booths all bringing together the finest in Indian culture. The festival celebrates Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, and is put on by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). The Festival of the Chariots is now performed in every country across the world and dates back thousands of years to Jagannatha Puri in India.
The Festival of the Chariots was first performed in Los Angeles in 1977 and is now in its 31st year.
Come and join us this year for a full day of bliss, prasadam, entertainment, and the chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord.
We look forward to seeing you there.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...