Jhulan Yatra in Mayapur
By Navadvipa Chandra das RSD (Vrindavan – IN)
Jhulan Yatra 2007
Jhulan Yatra is an important Vaishnava festival. It is one of the eternal Astaka lila pastimes that Radha Madhava and Their associates perform daily in Goloka Vrindaban. As recommended by Parasara muni in the Parasara Samhita, one should observe this festival every day, or at least from the day of ekadasi to Balaram purnima. This Jhulan festival gives everyone the rare opportunity to serve Their Lordships personally.
Srila Prabhupada instructed us to observe Jhulan Yatra:
“Regarding Jhulan yatra Ceremony, during these five days the Deities’ clothing should be changed everyday, and there should be nice Prasadam distribution and Sankirtana as far as possible. If you are able to do it, a nice throne may be constructed on which the Deities can be placed. This throne may be swung gently during Kirtana. That will be very good, and surely the Deities will enjoy the function.”
letter to H.H. Jayapataka Swami, 1st August 1969.
For the past 20 years the Vaisnava youth have spontaneously arranged a beautiful swing festival, with kirtans, bhajans, dramas, and prasadam distribution. This has become very popular with everyone.The Mayapur mangement were so pleased by our efforts that this year they requested us to personally organize the main Jhulan festival for Sri Sri Radha Madhava. We gladly accepted this opportunity and are arranging the biggest Julan Yatra festival yet. We cordially invite you to assist us and in so doing receive the blessings of Their Lordships.
* 4:45pm Deities are brought out in a Procession with Kirtan
* 6:00pm Sandhya Aroti
* 7:00pm Bhajans
* 8:00pm Offering
* 8:15pm Offering of Lamps
* 8:30pm Deities return to the Main Temple with Kirtan
* 8:30pm Cultural Programs and Bhajans by Vaishnava Youth
You can sponsor any of the following:
3. Daily Prasadam Distribution
4. Daily Flowers and Garlands
5. Daily Generator, and Electricity
6. Daily Lamp Offering
7. Daily Offerings for the Deities
If you would like to assist us by giving a donation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support. The blessings of Sri Sri Radha Madhava will certainly be bestowed upon you.
Your humble servants, Mayapur Vaisnava Youth Jhulan Festival Commitee
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...